I used to like Home Depot and would go out of my way to patronize them. When my older brother was working on his Eagle Scout service project, Home Depot provided him with all the materials he needed for free. As a result I was a loyal Home Depot customer. Plus they were headquartered in my home state of Georgia so I had an additional reason to be loyal to them. But since that time Home Depot has morphed into a slavishly PC company.
My first hint of this was when they inserted themselves into our state flag fight here in Georgia. Loyal to mammon before honor, they lobbied to have the Confederate Battle Flag removed from the Georgia state flag because it might be bad for business, and we can’t have that. What is an insignificant thing like loyalty to place and heritage compared to the almighty dollar?
Now they’re sucking up to the homosexual lobby. The American Family Association sends this along:
The Home Depot’s own website shows it embraces the spread of homosexuality, including gay marriage.
On its website, The Home Depot states it “is honored to say we support the following diversity-oriented organizations:” It goes on to list at least three groups which radically support the homosexual marriage agenda in America – The Human Rights Campaign, Out and Equal Workplace Advocates and Diversity Best Practices.
That’s not all!
The Home Depot sanctions its very own homosexual employee group, which receives financial backing by the company, The Home Depot Pride (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender) employee group. The Home Depot marches in numerous gay pride parades and sets up Kids Workshops at gay pride festival events each year (more photos and list of events are available at www.boycottthehomedepot.com).
And there is more…
The Home Depot responded to an annual survey by the Human Rights Campaign. Here’s what the company offers:
- Full health insurance benefits to homosexual employees and “partners.” The Home Depot recognizes two homosexual men who sleep together as “married.”
- Insurance for complete sex-change operations.
- Requires some employees to attend diversity (homosexual acceptance) training.
TAKE ACTION1. If you have not done so, sign the Boycott Pledge at BoycottTheHomeDepot.com.
2. Call your local store manager. Let the manager know that you will not be shopping at The Home Depot until the company stops supporting the homosexual agenda. You can find the number here. (click “Store Finder”).
3. Print the paper petition and distribute it at Sunday School and church.
Looks like I’ll be going to Lowes. I wonder if all those NASCAR fans know about Home Depot’s anti-Southern and pro-homosexual shenanigans?