Everyone should check out the new website: Stop the US-Korea NAFTA.
From the website:
Top 10 reasons to oppose the NAFTA-style Korea trade pact
- Undermines U.S. sovereignty in favor of international law & foreign tribunals of UN & World Bank.
- Violates U.S. Constitution by circumventing Congressional authority regarding appropriation of U.S. tax dollars.
- State legislators oppose because it undermines State’s sovereignty.
- Negotiated with expedited Executive authority & Congress is banned from amending or fully debating it.
- Kills almost 160,000 U.S. jobs & encourages offshoring by multi-national corporations.
- Favors powerful multi-national corporations over U.S. small business even when bidding for government contracts.
- Not real “free trade” – benefits Korea much more than U.S. & increases U.S. trade deficit by $16.7 billion.
- Allows unsafe food products into U.S.
- Benefits the NORTH Korea & strengthens Chinese leverage against us.
- Throws open the doors to Korean immigration
You can take action here.
| | | | | |